By N.S. Palmer
If you’re an American, then you have no right to complain about the outcome of today’s elections for political office.
If you don’t vote, then you have no right to complain. You had a chance to voice your opinion and you chose not to exercise it.
If you do vote, then you have no right to complain. You participated in the electoral process and agreed to accept the outcome as legitimate.
In either case, as the Transportation Security Agency says at U.S. airports, “Shut up and spread your legs.”
Here’s what will happen no matter who is elected. The U.S. government will:
- Continue to wiretap your telephone and email, in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
- Continue to attack and occupy countries around the world that have not attacked and pose no threat to the United States, in violation of international law.
- Continue to imprison and torture people without trial, in violation of the U.S. Constitution, statutory law, and international law.
- Continue to drone-murder anyone anywhere on nothing but the U.S. president’s say-so, in violation of the U.S. Constitution, statutory law, and international law.
- Continue to help Wall Street and trans-national corporations loot the American economy, in violation of every principle of justice except (as Thucydides said) “the strong do what they will, the weak suffer what they must.”
You have no right to complain. So shut up and spread your legs.
Copyright 2012 by N.S. Palmer. May be reproduced as long as byline, copyright notice, and URL (http://www.ashesblog.com) are included.