By N.S. Palmer
Thank you for your interest in being my girlfriend. I look forward to reviewing your application.
Compatibility is important, of course, beyond the mere fact that we’re both stunningly good-looking.
In order to be considered, please answer the following questions. You may use a calculator, but do not use reference materials or look up the answers on the Internet.
- What is the value of e (Euler’s number) to six digits?
- What is the main function of the hippocampus?
- How many books are in the Pentateuch?
- How many symphonies did Beethoven write?
- Who painted “The School of Athens”?
- Why are the Greek and Hebrew alphabets so similar?
- Who wrote “The Whore of Mensa”?
- Who was Chaim Nachman Bialik?
- What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?
- (Essay) Explain the significance (in terms of anything you choose) of Genesis 1:3: “God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light.”
Don’t forget to print your name clearly at the top of the page and include a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) with your submission. I’ll let you know in a week or two.
Copyright 2013 by N.S. Palmer. May be reproduced as long as byline, copyright notice, and URL (www.ashesblog.com) are included.